Israelite Missionary Baptist Church
6644 South River Road
Brusly, LA 70719
This institution of worship can trace its roots to the 1890s, but it was formally chartered in 1905. The congregation was established as Israelite Baptist Church of Brusly Landing. The original church was a rectangular gable ended wooden structure with a bell tower and steeple. It was demolished in 1964 and replaced with a brick structure. A requirement of the 1905 charter was that the church would retain its original name for 100 years. In 2006, the congregation was renamed Israelite Missionary Baptist Church. The adjacent cemetery behind the church yard dates to the earliest days of the community. Acknowledged as “The Church with the Forward Look in Christ Jesus,” our preaching and teaching ministry strives to gain souls for Christ."