Teachers' Institute 2011 Resource Binder
How to Use Your Digital Binders
This is an online, digital version of the paper binders handed out at the West Baton Rouge Museum’s Teachers Institute 2011 “Teaching the U.S. Civil War”. These documents are made available online for many reasons, such as:
- Ease of access: Photocopies are a thing of the past!
- Searchable PDF’s: Looking for something specific? Now you can search by keyword, just like on Google!
- Each lesson plan is divided into its own PDF for ease of access.
- All materials are available in color without holes already punched in them, allowing for a nice, clean look.
We want to make the information that we make available to be as easy and user friendly to you, the educator, as we can. We hope you find this information useful and that we see you next year!
How to Use the Files
- Each File is what’s called a PDF. PDF’s are easy to read and it’s very easy to search for the specific information that you need.
- First, you have to install Adobe Reader. This program will allow you to view the documents. You can download the latest version from the Adobe website at http://get.adobe.com/reader/
- The files are split up into individual sections. Each lesson plan, activity, or resource is its own PDF for ease of use and access.
- Abraham Lincoln, the 1860 Election, and the Future of the American Union and Slavery
- Huck Finn Goes Fishing
- Follow the Drinking Gourd Star Finder
- Civil War Music
- Jefferson Davis
- The Second Inaugural Address - Restoring the American Union
- The Battles of the Civil War
- Mystery Battle GPS Activity
- Civil War Leaders
- Important Civil War Figures Trading Cards
- The Common Civil War Soldier
- Women in the Civil War
- Civil War Letters
- Envelopes and Stationary
- Civil War Photojournalism - A Record of War
- Reporting on a Battle
- Sarah Morgan's Escape
Louisiana Battle Sites
- Civil War Battles Throughout Louisiana
- Louisiana Civil War Battlefields, Sites, Landmarks, and Museums
- Harper's Weekly
- Battles Fought in Louisiana
- Magnolia Cemetery
- History of Louisiana Flags
- Flags of the Civil War
- Did You Know?
- Civil War Quizzes
- The Language of the Fan
- Cipher Disks
- Corps Badges
- Civil War Word Games
- Civil War Reading Comprehension
- Optical Toys
- Civil War Dance - The Gothic Dance Instructions