West Baton Rouge Community Center
749 North Jefferson Avenue
Port Allen, LA 70767
Spend a day of leisure enjoying a family reunion or a wedding reception at the Community Center in Port Allen. The surrounding grounds are bordered by 100-year-old oak trees presenting a picture-perfect location and is conveniently located next to the Aillet House and West Baton Rouge Parish Museum.
The facility offers a large kitchen, meeting room, a full-size gym, along with tables and chairs for use during functions. A bar and ice machine is conveniently located in the front of the building. A covered drive-through is located both in the front and back of the building. A large fenced in pavilion, which is also available for rental, is located on the side of the building along with restrooms.
A large public playground and splash pad provides an excellent area for children. Parking is located on both sides of the building with designated handicap slots. Also available are the newly-built double tennis courts (located across the street) that are open to the public and have restrooms provided.
- You must be a West Baton Rouge Parish resident to book any of the centers owned and operated by the WBR Parks and Recreation.
- Proof of residency needed for booking: driver's license, voter's registration card or two bills with name and address of the person who is booking the event
- For weddings, the individual booking the center must be the bride or the groom and/or the parents/grandparents of the bride or groom.
- Owned and operated by the WBR Parish Parks and Recreation Department; bookings are handle by the Parks and Recreation Office at the center
- Booking Fee: $250.00 due at the time of booking.
- Deposit Fee: $250.00 due 3 weeks before the date of the booked function.
- For weddings booked in advance before the book opening:
Booking and Deposit Fees: $500.00 due at the time of rental.
- Forms of Payment: Checks, Money Orders or Credit Card (3% convenience fee) only- NO CASH.
The large covered pavilion is also available for booking. The pavilion includes a concession stand and restrooms. Along with the pavilion, there is access to the beautiful grounds and splash pad.
- Booking Fee: $75 (due at the time of booking)
- Deposit Fee: $100 (due at the time of booking); deposit is refundable if no damage or breach of contract